Monday 23 February 2015

Cosmic Kitty & Astro Girl Microsoft #TileArt Illustrations

I was asked by Mircrosoft (through my agent Illustrationweb) to create some new designs for their Tile Art App which allows users to create their own artwork for their phones. I was given a really open brief and decided to create my range based around the retro space inspired adventures of a girl and her cat (called Cosmic Kitty and Astro Girl). One of the really exciting aspects of this project is that bits of the design can be transparent so you can see the background clearly through the helmets as you move the designs on the phone. I created all the images as paper collages with a bit of splattered paint to create stars for good measure! As you might be able to tell the kitty is based largely on my cat Cleo and I do own a purple top a bit like the one below!

You can see a Youtube clip of my images on a phone here
And read up on the thoughts of Tile Art Guy.






No comments: